There are many opportunities within our Chapter to volunteer! By volunteering with us, you can share your skill sets and demonstrate to your peers that you are dedicated to contributing to the technical communication community. Whether it means starting out small by helping out with a program or meeting; writing an article for Tecolote, our Chapter Newsletter; or donating your time for Chapter operations by becoming a Chapter Council Officer, you can most certainly add your experience with us on your resume.
If you don’t know a skill, or need to refresh your skill set, our community can help you gain the knowledge and experience you need to succeed. You may find your next professional opportunity from our Chapter too!
Benefits of Volunteering
By volunteering, you can:
- build credibility by demonstrating your skills,
- build a network of professionals in the field of technical communication,
- add your volunteer experience on your resume (an excellent benefit if you are a recent student or wish to enter the field),
- feel good after completing a Chapter project, or
- share your knowledge with the technical communication community
We greatly appreciate our self-motivated volunteers to make our Chapter the best it can be. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our Chapter Council President or Secretary for details. (Hint: we welcome new volunteers; so, don’t be shy.)